NOTE: This demo was made with the Helix patch, but the Fractal presets sound and function very similarly.
This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
The pack includes 2 presets (each with SC and HB options). We’ve tone-matched both channels of this amplifier – the ‘Br’ patches are the Brilliant channel, and the ‘Nr’ patches are the Normal channel. Use the ‘Br’ user cabs with the Br presets and use the ‘Nr’ user cabs with the Br presets.
- 64 AC30 Br/Nr TM WT SC – These patches are meant for guitars with single coils.
- 64 AC30 Br/Nr TM WT HB – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR 1964 VOX AC30 TOP BOOST, NOW IN YOUR LINE 6 HARDWARE
For these patches, we tone-matched the stock Fractal amp models to our vintage 1964 Vox AC30 Top Boost amplifier. The result is a set of User Cabs that completely transform the Fractal amp models, making the Fractal hardware sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
Our ’64 AC30 might look a bit beat up, but it sounds absolutely beautiful. This amp is simply legendary – Vox’s of this era have been and continue to be used by some of the most famous guitar players of all time, including The Beatles, The Edge (of U2), and Brian May (of Queen). Our has the original Alnico Silver speakers, and it is one of the best amps we’ve ever heard.
We’ve tone-matched both the Normal and Brilliant channels. The Brilliant channel is bright and has the classic Vox chime, and the normal channel is warmer.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT (yellow and red sides), Fuzz (and more)
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
- IR (Tone Match)
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: AMBI MOD. Ambient clean tone with chorus
- SCENE 7: POG LEAD. Big lead tone with POG
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2023-01-25
There are no reviews yet.