This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
- BadKat C40 TM WT (SC)– this preset is voiced for single coils and low-output humbuckers
- BadKat C40 TM WT (HB) – this preset is voiced for more traditional humbuckers
NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR BAD CAT CUB III 40 — NOW IN YOUR FRACTAL HARDWARE
For this preset, we tone-matched the Matchbox D-30 amp models in the Fractal hardware to our Bad Cat Cub III 40 amplifier. These impulse responses (Tone Match files) completely transform the Fractal amp models – they sound exactly like our Bad Cat, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chain that we use to record it.
This patch includes Tone Matches of both channels of the Bad Cat – the 12ax7 channel and the EF86 channel. The 12ax7 channel has more chime and brilliance – it sounds more like a Top Boost AC30. The EF86 channel has more low-mid response and sounds thicker, but still has a ton of chime and bite.
By default, the patch includes both the 12ax7 channel and EF86 channel in a stereo configuration. Sort of like jumping the amp (which isn’t actually possible with the real amp). If you would like just the 12ax7 channel to be represented in the patch, simply copy and paste the Matchbox D-30 and ‘AX’ tone match files into both amp and cab blocks. If you would like just the EF86 channel to be represented in the patch, simply copy the Matchbox D-30 EF 86 and ‘EF’ tone match files into both amp and cab blocks. In the FM3 presets, only one amp block is available, so it is impossible to blend the two channels together for FM3.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT, 808, Fuzz
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
- IR (Tone Match)
- Solo Boost
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- Scene 1: CLEAN. Basic clean tone with verb and quarter delay
- Scene 2: DRIVE. Light Drive (Drive 1A)
- Scene 3: DRIVE+. Med Drive (Drive A, Control Switch 1)
- Scene 4: P&W LEAD. Big lead tone with delay and reverb
- Scene 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with stereo delay (1/4 + 1/8d) and big reverb.
- Scene 6: 80’s CLEAN. Clean tone with CHORUS
- Scene 7: FUZZ. Big fuzz tone
- Scene 8: SWELLS. Big ambient tones
Version 1.0 – 2022-05-29
There are no reviews yet.