Note: This play through was done with the Helix patch, but the Fractal patches sound and function very similar.
This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
- Behold WT SC – This patch is meant for guitars with single coils.
- Behold WT HB – This patch is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG) (not available in the FM3 preset)
- Drives: KOT, 808 (and more)
- Volume *needs to be mapped to an expression pedal
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Subtle and Huge
- Solo Boost
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: INTRO/AMBI. Ambient clean tone
- SCENE 2: TRN/DRV 1. Light drive
- SCENE 3: TRN/DRV 2. Bigger gain tone
- SCENE 4: LEAD. Ambient lead tone
- SCENE 5: AMBI 8v. Ambient clean with octave (not available in the FM3 preset)
- SCENE 6: 8v DRV 1. Light drive with octave (not available in the FM3 preset)
- SCENE 7: 8v LEAD. Ambient lead tone with octave (not available in the FM3 preset)
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Ambient swells
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2022-12-01