This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
The pack includes 2 presets (each with SC and HB options). We’ve tone-matches each voice of this amplifier – the ’53’ voice and the ’58’ voice. The ’53 voice is more clean and scooped, while the ’58’ voice is a bit more pushed (both in gain and midrange).
- CarStar 53/58 TM WT SC – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- CarStar 53/58 TM WT HB – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR CARR TELSTAR, NOW IN YOUR FRACTAL HARDWARE
For these patches, we tone-matched the stock Fractal amp models to our Carr Telstar amplifier. The result is a set of User Cabs that completely transform the Fractal amp models, making the Fractal hardware sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The Telstar is one of our absolute favorite amps here at Worship Tutorials. It is Fender voiced, but it’s very unique. The cleans are beautiful and full – very three dimensional. And when push the amp with drive, the breakup is tight and refined.
The Telstar has a voice knob, allowing you to switch between ’53 and ’58. The ’53 voice is more scooped and clean (think black panel Fender), and the ’58 voice is more forward both in the mids and in gain (think Fender Tweed). Keep in mind, the Fender references are just that – a reference – this amp’s voice is very unique.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT, 808, Amp11 (and more)
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
- IR (Tone Match)
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: CLEAN TREM. Clean tone with tremolo
- SCENE 7:FUZZ. Huge fuzz tone
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2022-11-11
There are no reviews yet.