This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
The C30 pack includes 3 presets (each with SC and HB options). One for Channel 1 of the amp (12ax7), one for Channel 2 (EF86), and one for the Jumped channels (JMP)
- MTCH C30 AX/EF/JMP TM WTs – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- MTCH C30 AX/EF/JMP TM WTh – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR ’94 MATCHLESS C-30, NOW IN YOUR LINE 6 HARDWARE
For this preset, we tone-matched the Matchless DC30 models in the Fractal hardware to our 1994 (Sampson-era) Matchless C-30 amplifier. The result is an impulse response that completely transforms the Fractal amp model – it sounds exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The C-30 from Matchless is an absolutely legendary amp. It features two channels, with the ability to jumper both channels together. Channel 1 (12ax7) is similar to the brilliant channel of a Top Boost AC30, but it sounds better than any AC30 you’ve ever heard, from any era. Channel 2 (EF86) is bigger, thicker, and has more gain. Jumping the channels together gives you characteristics of both.
We have tone-matched all three channel options, and delivered separate patches for all three. Simply put, this is only of the best amps – and the best patches – we’ve ever heard.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT, 808, Rat (and more)
- Volume *needs to be mapped to an expression pedal
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Subtle and Huge
- IR (Tone Match)
- Solo Boost
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: CHOR CLEAN. Clean tone with chorus
- SCENE 7: POG LEAD (Rock Lead for FM3). Lead tone with lots of delay and verb, plus POG
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2022-06-08