Hear the amp this preset is based on
This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
- MATCH CANYON TM WT SC – this preset is designed to work with single coil guitars
- MATCH CANYON TM WT HB – this preset is designed to work with humbucker guitars
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR MATCHLESS LAUREL CANYON, NOW IN YOUR FRACTAL HARDWARE
For these presets, we tone-matched the AC20 amp model in the Fractal hardware to our Matchless Laurel Canyon. The result is an impulse response that completely transforms the Fractal amp model – it sounds exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The Laurel Canyon is the first 6v6 amp from Matchless. You could think of it as Matchless’s take on a Princeton or Deluxe, but with a very ‘Matchless’ top end (read: chime and clarity).
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: Jan Ray, FullDrive, KOT (and more)
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Subtle and Huge
- IR (Tone Match)
- Solo Boost
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: CHOR CLEAN. Clean tone with chorus
- SCENE 7: POG LEAD (Rock Lead for FM3). Lead tone with lots of delay and verb, plus POG
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2022-06-08