This patch re-creates the sounds from the song ‘Reckless Love as recorded by Bethel Music. It is designed to be used in Snapshot mode, and the snapshots correspond to different song sections.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our MATCH G12H30 pack. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Match G12H30 160 (top row)
- WT Match Blue AC 2×12 121 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
This download includes the following patches:
- RklssLove WT IR: This is the main patch set up for guitars with single coil pickups or low output humbuckers.
- RklssLove WT HB: This is the same as the first patch but set up for traditional or higher output humbuckers.
- Rklss Love WT: This is the same as the first patch but using stock cabs (again – try the IR’s).
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an open slot.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: INTRO. Intro lead riff
- SNAPSHOT 2: VS1/Swells. Ambient swells for verse 1
- SNAPSHOT 3: VS2/BR. Ambient clean tone with chorus
- SNAPSHOT 4: CH Big. Big rhythm tone
- SNAPSHOT 5: Big LEAD: Biggest sound in the patch – use it for the big lead riff and bridge section
- SNAPSHOT 6: BR BLD. Less drive than the CH Big snap – great for building back up in the bridge
- SNAPSHOT 7: Not used.
- SNAPSHOT 8: Swells (same as Snap 2.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – mapped to switch labeled ‘KOT-Yellow’
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Red side)
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer -mapped to button labeled ‘808’
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Vintage Digital – 1/4 delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Amp – Matchstick Jump
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- 70s Chorus – Mapped to switch labeled ‘Chorus’
- Call Q EQ – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Adriatic Delay – dotted 8th Delay- mapped to switch labeled ‘Soft Delay’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Dotted 8th delay (bigger) – mapped to switch labeled ‘.8th Tape’
- Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/8) – mapped to switch labeled ‘DUAL ST DLY’
- ’63 Spring – Spring reverb – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Spring Verb’
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Glitz Verb
- Glitz Verb – bigger modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “SWELLS Verb”
This patch is meant to be used in stompbox mode or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps. The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
AMP GAIN SWITCH:
We have mapped the ‘Ch 1 Drive’, ‘Ch 2 Drive’, and ‘Bass’ parameters on the amp to the switch labeled ‘Amp Gain’. This gives you a pure amp overdrive which we think sounds better than using a drive pedal.
The cabs, chorus, delays, reverbs, and EQ are in stereo. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 4.0: 2021-01-04
- Changed: amp model – switched to the Matchless JMP
- Changed: added Worship Tutorials IR Cabs
- Added: Single coil and Humbucker versions of the patch
Version 3.0: 2019-10-02
- Changed: Drive models (includes the new King of Tone models)
- Changed: Amp models – switched to the AC30 and Fullerton amps in stereo
- Changed: Delay and Verb settings (all in full stereo)
- Changed: End of chain EQ
- Added: Tone Junkie IR’s (included for free)
Version 2.0: 2018-11-20
- Adjusted reverbs levels for firmware 2.6
Version 1.0 (Initial Release): 2018-02-16