In this play through Bradford is using a Gretsch Black Falcon (G6636T), stock
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our Blue AC 2×12 pack. We matched these specific IRs to these amps, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included
- WT Blue AC 2×12 160 (top row)
- WT Blue AC 2×12 121 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
This download includes two patches as well as the IR cabs. The patches are:
- GodOfRev WT IR – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- GodOfRev WT HB – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with more traditionally voiced humbuckers
- GodOfRev WT – This patch uses stock Helix cabs rather than IR’s (uses the single coil settings)
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the an open slot.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: INTRO/VS1 – Clean ambient tone for the intro and verse
- SNAPSHOT 2: PRE-CH – Clean tone for the pre-chorus
- SNAPSHOT 3: CHORUS – Drive tone for the chorus
- SNAPSHOT 4: CHORUS + – Bigger drive tone for the chorus
- SNAPSHOT 5: VS+/BRIDGE – Bigger tone for the big verse section and bridge
- SNAPSHOT 6: CHORUS + – Bigger drive for the 2nd time through the bridge
- SNAPSHOT 7: SOLO – Big solo/lead tone
- SNAPSHOT 8: SWELLS – Ambient swells
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Kinky Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Teemah! – Timmy OD — mapped to switch labeled ‘Teemah!’
- Hedgehog D9 – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Hedgehog D9
- Cali Q Graphic EQ – mapped to switch labeled ‘Hedgehog D9’
- Dual Pitch – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dual Switch’
- Amp 1 – A30 Fawn Brt
- Amp 2 – Essex A15
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Cabs/IR – see above for IR info (stock cab version is the 2×12 Blue Bell cab)
- Cali Q Graphic– Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 Delay + 1/8 delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 + 1/8 DLY’
- Vintage Digital Delay – dotted 8th Delay- mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d Delay’
- Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/4) – mapped to switch labeled ‘DUAL ST DLY’
- ’Plate – subtle plate reverb – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Short Verb’
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Big Verb’
- Gain: +2 dB boost – mapped to switch labeled ‘Boost’
This patch is meant to be used in snapshot mode, but can be used in stomp box mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
Everything after the cab block (all the wet effects and the EQ) is in stereo. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically.
Feel free to stack drive pedals for bigger sounds. All three one at once will give you a lead/solo tone.
Hit the ‘Swells’ button to turn on the ambient delays and verbs.
EQ AT THE END OF THE CHAIN?:
Typically when you record guitar parts in the studio, you’ll put EQ and compression on the final tone. We’ve replicated the EQ in this patch. You can use the Simple EQ block for final tone shaping. See below for recommended settings.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Initial Release (Version 1.0): 2020-06-24
There are no reviews yet.