Note: This demo was made with version 1.0 of this patch. We’ve updated it – see the change log below to see how we’ve improved it.
A (FREE) PREMIUM P&W HX STOMP PATCH FROM WORSHIP TUTORIALS BASED ON THE AC30 FAWN AMP MODEL & A PREMIUM TONEJUNKIE IR
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our AC Blue IR pack. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Blue AC 2×12 160 (top row)
- WT Blue AC 2×12 SR25 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes the following patches.
- The ‘AC30 FREE WT IR’ patch is the main patch with an IR cab voiced for single coils
- The ‘AC30 FREE WT HB’ patch is the main patch with an IR cab voiced for humbuckers
- The ‘AC30 FREE’ patch is the main patch with a stock cab (single coil voicing) – we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie
- The AC30 FREE FX includes the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
AC30 FREE WT, HB & AC30 FREE IR patches
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp
- Amp – AC30 Fawn Nrm – ‘Drive’ is mapped to button 1 – see notes below
- Cali Graphic EQ – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – always on (can be mapped to external switch)
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to button 2
- Glitz Verb – controlled by button 2 (see more info below)
- Output (Main L/R)
AC30 FREE FX patch
- Input (Main L/R)
- Heir Apparent – KOT OD
- Minotaur – Klon OD
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer OD
- Dual Delay – 8TH and dotted 8th note delay in stereo
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb used for swells
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch, plus a handful of delay and reverb options.
We did not include any drive, compression, or modulation effects, although you could certainly add them in if desired.
AMP DRIVE – BUTTON 1: Button 1 is assigned to the ‘Drive’ parameter on the amp. This will give you a pure amp overdrive. To change these values, adjust the ‘min/max’ values in HX Edit.
REVERB AND DELAY:
There is only one reverb in this patch, but it’s set up to give you two different sounds via Button 2. In the off state, the mix and decay are set to a ‘normal’ level of verb. In the on state, decay and mix increase and you get an ambient verb setting. The ‘On’ state is the same settings from our Helix version of this patch.
The ‘on’ state will also turn on the dotted 8th note delay, giving you a more ambient sound.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 4.0 – 2021-01-04
- Changed: Added Worship Tutorials IRs
- Changed: Added more blocks to the main pages (FW 3.0)
Version 3..0 – 2020-06-22
- Added: New IR cab from Tone Junkie (better tone)
- Tweaked: Amp settings
- Tweaked: EQ settings
- Added: Amp Drive button
Version 2.1 – 2019-10-17
- Added: Additional FX patches to include all the effects blocks from the full Helix patch
- Changed: Amp channel volume – lowered to be in line with the Helix patch version
Version 2.0 – 2019-05-08
- Added: Tone Junkie IR (included for free)
- Added: Settings from all the blocks in the full Helix patch (in the ReadMe file)
- Tweaked: Amp and EQ settings (better tone)
Version 1.0: 2018-10-23
Jon (verified owner) –
Hi, I updated the 4.0 patches and the IRs on my HX Stomp thru HX Edit but nothing is showing on the signal chain. Is it me? Thanks for all you do!
Same result for the Matchless 4.0