TONE MATCH PATCHES, CAPTURES, AND PROFILES OF OUR VINTAGE 1964 FENDER PRO
For these presets, we have captured our vintage 1964 black panel Fender Pro Amp. The result is set of presets and captures that sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The Fender Pro is a bit of an unsung hero. It doesn’t have the name recognition of the Deluxe Reverb, Bassman, or Vibroverb, but we consider it to be one of the sweetest sounding of the vintage black panel Fenders. It features a 15” speaker (ours has a nicely worn in Eminence Legend), and many consider this the ‘poor man’s VibroVerb’. We find that it shares many tonal characteristics of the Vibroverb, which is the holy grail of vintage Fenders. It has a huge bottom end punch thanks to the 15” speaker, and it sounds great clean or when driven with pedals.
We’ve tone-matched and captured the amp with a Royer 121 and Earthworks SR25 through a stereo Neve 1073 preamp.
PATCHES (LINE 6 AND FRACTAL UNITS)
This download includes Presets for Line 6 Helix, HX Stomp, and POD Go, and for Fractal Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
- 64 PRO TM WT S – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- 64 PRO TM WT H – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The HX Stomp, POD Go, and FM3 folders include ‘FX” patches. These patches include the additional effects blocks from the full Helix/AXE-FX III patches.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS (LINE 6 & FRACTAL UNITS)
- Drives: KOT, 808
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
The HX Stomp, POD Go, and FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For those platforms, we include the amp and essential effects in the main patches, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ patches. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
SNAPSHOTS & SCENES (LINE 6 & FRACTAL HARDWARE ONLY)
- Snapshot/Scene 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- Snapshot/Scene 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- Snapshot/Scene 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- Snapshot/Scene 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot/Scene 5: AMBIENT. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot/Scene 6: CLEAN TREM. Clean tone with tremolo
- Snapshot/Scene 7: ROCK LEAD. Solo tone with fewer reverb and delay effects
- Snapshot/Scene 8: SWELLS. Solo tone with fewer reverb and delay effects
- Snapshot 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- Snapshot 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- Snapshot 3: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot 4: AMBIENT. Ambient clean tone
NOTE: The HX Stomp patches do not include Snapshots. For HX Stomp users, we’ve also included a ‘Dual Amp’ patch which contains two instances of the amp/IR in stereo – use this if you run a stereo board into your Stomp.
TONEX AMP CAPTURE PRESETS & KEMPER PROFILES
For Tonex and Kemper, we have captured the amp through its entire gain range for all available channels (Vibrato and Normal). The Amp Model Presets and Profiles are numbered – higher numbers mean more gain. The ‘Edge of Breakup’ settings that we like to use with a pedal board are usually the 2 and/or 3 profile/capture.
We’ve also included a fully featured Kemper performance with options for both single coils and humbuckers.
There are no reviews yet.