In this demo I’m using a Shelton Electric Instruments GalaxyFlite Custom with Lambertones Ristretto pickups.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IR’s from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IR’s to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR version – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IR’s included:
- TJ 66 Alnico Silver R121-SM57 2 (top row)
- TJ 66 Alnico Silver R121-SM545 (bottom row)
- With Firmware 2.90, IR’s are recalled by name rather than by number. This means it doesn’t matter which IR slot you import this IR into – Helix will automatically recall the correct IR in the patch unless you re-name the file.
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here.
This download includes two patches as well as the IR cabs. The patches are:
- Praises WT IR – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- Praises WT HB – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with more traditionally voiced humbuckers
- Praises WT – This patch uses stock Helix cabs rather than IR’s (uses the single coil settings)
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR in.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: INTRO/VS. Clean-sh tone with delay and verb.
- SNAPSHOT 2: CH1/VS2. Bit more drive for the 1st chorus and 2nd verse.
- SNAPSHOT 3: CHORUS BIG. Main drive tone for the big choruses
- SNAPSHOT 4: LEAD. Lead tone for the solo.
- SNAPSHOT 5: BRIDGE. Drive, delay and verb.
- SNAPSHOT 6: BR/CH+. Big drive tone (more drive that Snap 3)
- SNAPSHOT 7: Not used.
- SNAPSHOT 8: SWELLS: This tone isn’t technically in the song, but it’s nice to have avaialable.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Kinky Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Dual Pitch – mapped to a switch labeled ‘POG’
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – mapped to switch labeled ‘Heir Apparent’
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer – mapped to switch labeled ‘Scream 808’
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Tape’
- Adriatic Delay – dotted 8th Delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘.8th Adri’
- Dual Delay (1/8 + 1/8d) – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dual Delay’
- Plate Verb – Subtle verb – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Plate Verb’
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Glitz Verb’
- Chorus – Mapped to switch labeled ‘Chorus’
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Amps – AC Fan Nrm (two blocks in stereo)
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- LA Studio Comp – end of chain studio compression
- Gain: +2db gain boost for the solo Snapshot
This patch is meant to be used in Snapshot mode but can be used in Stompbox mode as well. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
All the wet effects and everything after them are in stereo. If you use only the Left output of the Helix, the signal will automatically be summed to mono.
WET EFFECTS IN FRONT OF THE AMP:
This patch features all the delays and reverbs running in front of the amp, which creates a unique tone that is a characteristic of Bethel Music recordings.
EQ & COMPRESSION AT THE END OF THE CHAIN?:
Typically when you record guitar parts in the studio, you’ll put EQ and compression on the final tone. We’ve replicated that in this patch. You can use the Cali Q Graphic block for final tone shaping.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 4.0: 2020-08-17
- Complete re-design of the patch
- Amp model: Vox AC30 Nrm
- TJ IR Cabs: from the 66 AC Silver pack
- All wet effects are in front of the stereo amp blocks
Version 3.0: 2019-10-03
- Changed: Amp block (changed to the Match JMP amp model)
- Changed: Drive blocks (added the new King of Tone drives)
- Changed Delay and reverb blocks (better tone and stereo spread)
- Changed: End of chain EQ
- Added: Tone Junkie IR Cabs
Version 2.0: 2019-02-28
This is a complete overhaul of this patch
- Added: New HX Reverbs from firmware 2.5
- Added: End of chain EQ
- Added: Suggested settings for single coils and humbuckers (via the ReadMe file)
- Added: Stereo (wet effects are all in stereo)
- Added: Swells blocks settings
- Changed: Amps and amp settings – better tone (amps layout from our Bethel artist series patch)
- Changed: Drive block settings
- Changed: Output level has been adjusted – we suggest running your Helix with the big volume knob at 100% (unity gain)
- Changed: IR cab suggestion – using an IR from the same IR pack as the rest of our updated patches
Initial Release: 2017-10-16
There are no reviews yet.