In this demo I’m playing a Martin CEO-7 with an LR Baggs Anthem pickup system
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- If you’d like to use an acoustic IR with this patch, you will need to import the IR into the ‘Impulses’ column (next to the Presets column). There is no IR included with this patch, and by default the IR block is turned off.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects:
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- LA Studio Comp
- IR Block (turned off by default – see below for more info)
- 10 Band Graphic – always-on EQ
- Tremolo – mapped to switch labeled ‘Tremolo
- 70’s Chorus – not mapped to a switch (used in Snapshots)
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Quarter Delay’
- Vintage Digital Delay – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dotted 8th Delay’
- ’63 Spring Verb – not mapped to a switch
- Tilt EQ – mapped to switch labeled ‘Brighter’
- Tilt EQ – mapped to switch labeled ‘Darker’
- Plate Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Plate Verb’
- Glitz Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Glitz Verb’
- Multitap 4 – huge ambient delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ambi Swells’
- Searchlights – big ambient verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ambi Swells’
- Octo – shimmer verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ambi Swells’
- Parametric EQ (4) – these EQ’s are designed to be used as notch filters – see info below.
- Gain – set to give you a 3dB boost – mapped to switch labeled ‘3dB Boost’
- Looper – mapped to switch labeled ‘Looper’
This patch is meant to be used in either stompbox or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds
- Snapshot 1: BASIC. Just reverb
- Snapshot 2: Rhythm DLY. Adds the dotted 8th delay/
- Snapshot 3: Dual DLY: Both the dotted 8th delay and 1/4 delays are on.
- Snapshot 4: Ambient. Same as Snap 3 but with Glitz verb.
- Snapshot 5: 80’s: Spring reverb and chorus
- Snapshot 6: Tremolo: Reverb and tremolo
- Snapshot 7: Dry: No reverb or delay – just dry signal (with EQ)
- Snapshot 8: SWELLS: Huge ambient swells
IR BLOCK (no IR’s included with this patch)
Acoustic Impulse Responses can make a massive difference in your direct acoustic tone. We’ve included an IR block in the patch if you’d like to use IR’s. By default the IR block is off, and no IR is loaded. You can adjust this block for basic tone shaping of your individual guitar.
EQ: 10-Band Graphic EQ: This is meant to be an always-on EQ. It does basic tone shaping for acoustic guitar.
EQ: Tilt Shift EQ’s: These EQ block can make your overall sound brighter or darker. If your guitar sounds too dull or dark, engage the ‘Brighter’ EQ. If your tone is too bright or thin, engage the ‘Darker’ EQ.
EQ: Parametric (Notch Filter) EQ’s: The parametric EQ’s across the bottom row are meant to serve as notch filters to eliminate feedback. These four EQ’s notch out frequencies on the lower four strings on acoustic. If you are experiencing feedback on the low E string, engage the first para EQ. If you are experiencing feedback on the A string, engage the 2nd para EQ. If you are experiencing feedback on the D string, engage the 3rd para EQ. If you are experiencing feedback on the G string, engage the 4th para EQ.
Version 3.0: Updated 05/05/2020
- Added: New EQ blocks
- Added: Gain block
- Updated: Modulation, reverb, and delay settings
- Updated: Signal routing
Version 2.0: Updated 07/06/2018
- Fixed: Reverb levels to compensate for Firmware 2.6
- Fixed: Overall volume levels to accomodate for ‘Unity Gain’ (turning the big volume knob all the way up)
Version 1: Initial Release: 03/16/18
Updates are free and delivered via email. If you have an older version of this patch and have not received updates via email, please send us a support email and we’ll get the updated patch files to you.