This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version and the updates we’ve made to this patch.
LINE 6 HX STOMP PATCH BASED ON THE FULLERTON JUMP AMP MODEL
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit. You will need at least firmware 2.8.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR from Tone Junkie. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the specific IR included, and its location in our Helix:
- TJ 31 MATCH 30 R121+57. In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 31 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
We’ve included multiple patches with this download to allow you to pick and choose which effects you’d like in your HX Stomp. In the ‘Patch Files’ folder, you’ll see four different patches:
- ‘Fullerton WT IR’ – this is the main patch using the IR (the IR is included)
- ‘Fullerton WT’ – this is the main patch using a stock Line 6 cab
- ‘Fullerton FX 1’ – this patch includes effects from our Helix patch that aren’t in the main patch
- ‘Fullerton FX 2’ – this patch includes the rest of the effects from our Helix patch that aren’t in the main patch
The main patches include the core tone components from the main Helix patch – typically this is a compressor, amp block(s), cab block(s), and an EQ block, plus a few extra effects as room allows. The ‘FX’ patches allow you to copy and paste effects and their settings from our main Helix patch in to suit your needs. Feel free to mix and match to create the patch that works best for you.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Fullerton WT Patches: Input
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – mapped to FS1
- Amp – Fullerton Jumped
- Cab/IR’ – see above for IR info
- Transistor Tape Delay – dotted 8th delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘.8th Tape’
- Simple EQ – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
Fullerton FX 1 Patch:
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer
- Dhyna Drive Hermida Zendrive
- Adriatic Delay – dotted 8th Delay (subtle)
- ’63 Spring – subtle spring reverb
- Mod/Chorus Echo (1/8d + quarter) – mapped to switch labeled ‘DUAL ST DLY’
Fullerton FX 2 Patch
- Double Tank – Ambient reverb voiced to sound like the Empress Reverb Ghost mode – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ghost Verb
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “SWELLS Verb”
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
Feel free to adjust the amp EQ and the settings of the Cali Q Graphic block (at the end of the patch) if you’d like to make the patch a bit brighter or darker.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- Drive Norm: Change to 1.4
- Drive Bright: Change to 2.0
- Tone: Change to 9.4
- Treble: Change to 8.7
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.1: 2019-10-17
- Changed: Amp channel volume (lowered to be in line with all our Helix and HX Stomp patches)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-07-26