This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
The pack includes 2 presets (each with SC and HB options). We’ve tone-matches each channel of this amplifier labeled ‘Ch 1’ and ‘Ch 2’. Channel 1 is the 12ax7 channel and is brighter/chimier. Channel 2 is the EF86 channel which is thicker and has more gain.
- Ty HM30 Ch1/2 TM WT S – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- Ty HM30 Ch1/2 TM WT H – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
OUR TYLER HM30, NOW IN YOUR FRACTAL HARDWARE
For these patches, we tone-matched the stock Fractal amp models to our Tyler HM30 amplifier. The result is a set of User Cabs that completely transform the Fractal amp models, making the Fractal hardware sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The HM30 is Tyler’s take on the classic C-30 design from Matchless. It features two channels, a 12ax7 channel that is reminiscent of the brilliant channel of an AC30, and an EF86 channel that is thicker with more gain. Our HM30 features a ‘Ten Twelve’ closed back cabinet that has a ten inch Eminence speaker and a twelve inch Celestion G12H30 speaker.
We’ve tone-matched both channels of the amp mic’d with a Royer 121 and Earthworks SR25 through a stereo Neve 1073 preamp.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT, 808, Ratt (and more)
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
- IR (Tone Match)
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: AMBI MOD. Clean tone chorus and big reverb
- SCENE 7: POG LEAD (ROCK LEAD in FM3). Lead tone with lots of delay and verb and POG
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2022-11-21
There are no reviews yet.