TONE MATCH PATCHES, CAPTURES, AND PROFILES OF OUR DR. Z Z WRECK
For these presets, we have captured our Dr. Z Z Wreck. The result is set of presets and captures that sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The Z-Wreck is a collaboration between Dr. Z, Ken Fischer (of Trainwreck Amps), and Brad Paisley. Together, they created the Z-Wreck in an effort to capture the tone of Brad Paisley’s vintage ’63 AC30. The Z-Wreck is a single channel, 30-watt EL84 amplifier, and it excels at the vintage AC30 tone. It also has a ton of headroom and works amazingly well as a pedal platform amplifier.
Our is a head/cab combo. The cabinet is loaded with a Celestion Alnico Gold and Alnico Blue. We’ve tone-matched the mic’d cabinet with a Royer 121 and Earthworks SR25 through a stereo Neve 1073 preamp.
PATCHES (LINE 6 AND FRACTAL UNITS)
The pack includes 2 patches (each with SC and HB options). We’ve tone-matched both channels of this amplifier – the ‘EF’ patches are the EF86 channel, and the ‘AX’ patches are the 12ax7 channel.
- Z-WREX TM WT SC – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- Z-WREX TM WT HB – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The HX Stomp, POD Go, and FM3 folders include ‘FX” patches. These patches include the additional effects blocks from the full Helix/AXE-FX III patches.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS (LINE 6 & FRACTAL UNITS)
- Drives: KOT, Klon, Rat
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Hall (subtle), Dynamic Hall (huge)
- IR (Tone Match)
The HX Stomp, POD Go, and FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For those platforms, we include the amp and essential effects in the main patches, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ patches. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
SNAPSHOTS & SCENES (LINE 6 & FRACTAL HARDWARE ONLY)
- Snapshot/Scene 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- Snapshot/Scene 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- Snapshot/Scene 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- Snapshot/Scene 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot/Scene 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot/Scene 6: AMBI MOD. Clean tone with chorus
- Snapshot/Scene 7: POG LEAD. Like Snapshot 4 but with POG
- Snapshot/Scene 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
- Snapshot 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- Snapshot 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- Snapshot 3: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- Snapshot 4: AMBIENT. Ambient clean tone
NOTE: The HX Stomp patches do not include Snapshots. For HX Stomp users, we’ve also included a ‘Dual Amp’ patch which contains two instances of the amp/IR in stereo – use this if you run a stereo board into your Stomp.
TONEX AMP CAPTURE PRESETS & KEMPER PROFILES
For Tonex and Kemper, we have captured the amp through its entire gain range. The Amp Model Presets and Profiles are numbered – higher numbers mean more gain. The ‘Edge of Breakup’ settings that we like to use with a pedal board are usually the 2 and/or 3 profile/capture.
We’ve also included a fully featured Kemper performance with options for both single coils and humbuckers.
There are no reviews yet.