This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
This patch re-creates the sounds made popular by Jesus Culture. We built it out based on a number of references to boards and amps used by their primary guitar player.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit. You’ll need at least Firmware 2.80 on both the Stomp and HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your HX Stomp, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IRs from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IRs included, and their location in our HX Stomp:
- TJ 23 MATCH 25 R121+7B. In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 23 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column. (the image below shows a patch, but the HX Stomp patch workflow is exactly the same)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes four patches.
- The ‘JC WT IR’ patch is the main patch with IR cabs
- The ‘JC WT’ patch is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
- The ‘JCWT FX 1 and Cartographer WT FX 2’ patches include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
JC WT IR & JC WT patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amps – AC30 Fawn NRM and Soup Pro
- Cab – IR (IR patch version)
- Plate Verb – acts as an always on verb – mapped to switch labeled “Short Verb”
- Cali Q Graphic – EQ
JC WT FX 1 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Soup Pro Preamp – Superbolt type OD
- Vermin Dist – ProCo Rat
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer
- Transistor Tape Delay – Dotted 8th note delay
- Output (Main L/R)
JC WT FX 2 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay
- Dual Delay – ¼ and dotted 8th delays
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on each amp. This essentially gives you an overdrive (although amp drive typically sounds better than an overdrive pedal). The “Min” settings for each amp are the settings found in the Helix version of this patch.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
A30 FAWN NRM AMP SETTINGS:
- AC30 Fawn Gain: Change to 3.9
- AC30 Fawn Bass: Change to 2.7
- AC30 Fawn Treble: Change to 7.5
SOUP PRO AMP SETTINGS
- Soup Pro Drive: Change to 4.0
- Soup Pro Bass; Change to 3.5
- Soup Pro Treble: Change to 7.7
CALI Q GRAPHIC SETTINGS:
- 80 Hz Slider: Change to -2.0
- 2200 Hz Slider: Change to 2.0
- 6600 Hz Slider: Change to 1.5
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-10-17
There are no reviews yet.