This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
P&W patch for the Line 6 Helix based on the Marshall JTM45 amp model.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs – one from our Match G12H30 pack and one from our G12H GB pack. We matched these specific IRs to these amps, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT G12H GB SR25 (top row)
- WT Match G12H30 160 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an available slot. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes the following patches:
- JTM45 WT IR: This is the main patch with IR cabs voiced for guitars with single coils
- JTM45 WT HB: This is the main patch with IR cabs voiced for guitars with humbuckers
- JTM45 WT: This is the main patch with stock cabs voiced for guitars with single coils (we highly suggest trying the included IR cabs)
- JTM45 WT FX: This patch includes all the additional effects found in the full Helix patch
JTM45 WT/IR/HB patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp
- Amp – Brit J45 Brt – Drive’ mapped to button 1
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- Calip Q Graphic– Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Transistor Tape Delay – dotted 8th Delay – mapped to button 2
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – parameters mapped to button 2
- Output (Main L/R)
JTM45 WT FX patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Kinky Boost
- Heir Apparent
- Scream 808
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 Delay
- Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/8)
- Plate reverb
- Glitz Verb – bigger modulated verb
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
AMP GAIN (Button 1):
Button 1 will increase the amount of drive in the amp block, giving you a pure amp overdrive sound. You can adjust the ‘Min’ and ‘Max’ values in the ‘controller assign’ section of HX Edit in the amp block to change where these values are when the button is on and off
VERB and DELAY (Button 2):
Button 2 turns on the delay and increases the amount of mix and decay in the reverb block. Again, adjust the min/max values to set up the reverb
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-03-05
- Added: WT IR cabs
- Changed: Amp/EQ changes (better tone)
- Added: More blocks (FW 3.0)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-12-09