This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version and the updates we’ve made to this patch.
LINE 6 HX STOMP PATCH BASED ON THE MATCHLESS DC30 JUMPED
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Stomp/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our MATCH G12H30 and Blue AC 2×12 packs. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Match G12H30 160 (top row)
- WT Match Blue AC 2×12 121 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes the following patches:
- MATCH JMP WT IR – this is the main patch with IR cabs meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- MATCH JMP WT HB – this is the main patch with IR cabs meant for guitars with traditionally voiced humbuckers
- MATCH JMP WT – this is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
- MATCH JMP WT FX – this patch include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
MATCH JMP WT Patches:
- Deluxe Comp
- Amp – Matchstick Jump – Drive parameters mapped to button 1 (see notes below)
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Adriatic Delay – Dual Delay (1/8d + quarter) – voiced to sound like Bradford’s Strymon El Cap settings – mapped to FS 2
- Double Tank Verb – voiced like the Empress Ghost Verb – always on
MATCH JMP FX Patch:
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side)
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Red side)
- Dhyna Drive – Hermida Zen Drive
- Transistor Tape Delay – 8th Note Delay (subtle)
- Plate Verb (subtle)
- Glitz Verb (big for swells)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
In our main patch we’ve included drive (Heir Apparent) and delay (Adriatic), but again, feel free to mix and match whatever effects you need to fit your rig.
AMP GAIN – FOOT SWITCH 1:
Foot switch A adjusts Drive and Bass parameters on the amp block. This gives you a true amp overdrive tone without the use of dirt pedals. If the base patch is too dirty for your preference, adjust the ‘Min Drive’ and ‘Max Drive’ settings on this button to suite your needs. The ‘Min Drive’ settings is when the button is off, and the ‘Max Drive’ setting is when the button is on.
DUAL DELAY – FOOT SWITCH 2:
Foot switch 2 turns on the ambient dual delay
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 3.0: 2021-01-04
- Changed: Added Worship Tutorials premium IR Cabs
- Changed: Added more blocks in the main patches (FW 3.0)
Version 2.0: 2020-10-14
- Changed: Amp and EQ settings (better tone)
- Added: Amp Gain button for pure amp overdrive
- Changed: Adriatic Swell Delay changed to Adriatic Delay
- Changed: IR cabs (better tone)
Version 1.1: 2019-10-17
- Changed: Amp channel volume (lowered to be in line with all our Helix and HX Stomp patches)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-07-22