The demo above shows the Helix version of this patch, but the sounds in the HX Stomp version are exactly the same.
- UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes premium IR cabs. Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Match LC H12 H 160 (top row)
- WT PrinceVerb P10R SR25 (bottom row)
- With Firmware 2.90, Stompshould recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
This download includes the following patches:
- Bass Man WT SC – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- Bass Man WT HB – This patch uses the IR cab and is meant for guitars with more traditionally voiced humbuckers
- Bass Man WT – This patch uses stock Helix cabs rather than IR’s (uses the single coil settings)
- Bass Man FX – This patch includes the additional effects blocks found in the full Helix version. Feel free to swap these into the main patch(es) to suite your needs.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
BASS MAN WT SC and HB patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp
- Scream 808 – not mapped
- Amp – Tweed Blues Brt – Gain mapped to button 1 (see below for details)
- IR/Stock cab
- Cali Q Graphic– Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Transistor Tape Delay – dotted 8th delay – settings mapped to button 2
- Dynamic Hall verb – ambient reverb – mapped to button 2
- Output (Main L/R)
BASS MAN WT FX 1 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side)
- Teemah! – Timmy
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 Delay
- Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/8)
- Plate verb
- Glitz verb – big ambient reverb for swells
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
BUTTON 1 – Cranked Amp: This switch controls four parameters in the amp block – Drive, Bass, Mid, and Treble. Basically it’s like turning the amp up to 10, and it sounds great for lead and big chords.
BUTTON 2 – More Delay/Verb: Button 2 will increase the amount of delay and turn on the ambient reverb.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-08-27
- Updated IR cabs (Worship Tutorials IR’s)
- Update amp block settings (better tone)
- Added Dynamic Hall reverb
ersion 1.0 (initial release): 2020-05-17