This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
BRIAN WAHL’S SIGNATURE PATCH FOR THE LINE 6 HX STOMP
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our Match G12H30 pack. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the IR included:
- WT Match G12H30 SR25+160 (top row)
- WT Blue AC 2×12 160 (bottom row)
- HX Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an available slot. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
We’ve included multiple patches with this download to allow you to pick and choose which effects you’d like in your HX Stomp. In the ‘Patch Files’ folder, you’ll see four different patches:
- ‘BriansPatch WTIR’ – this is the main patch using the IR (the IR is included) voiced for single coils
- ‘BriansPatch WTHB’ – this is the main patch using the IR (the IR is included) voiced for humbuckers
- ‘Brians Patch WT’ – this is the main patch using a stock Line 6 cab
- ‘BriansPatch FX 1’ – this patch includes effects from our Helix patch that aren’t in the main patch
- ‘BriansPatch FX 2’ – this patch includes the rest of the effects from our Helix patch that aren’t in the main patch
The main patches include the core tone components from the main Helix patch – typically this is a compressor, amp block(s), cab block(s), and an EQ block, plus a few extra effects as room allows. The ‘FX’ patches allow you to copy and paste effects and their settings from our main Helix patch in to suit your needs. Feel free to mix and match to create the patch that works best for you.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Amps – Fullerton Jumped and AC Fawn Brt
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- Cali Q Graphic – always on EQ
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to FS2
- Deluxe Comp
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side)
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer
- Dimension Chorus
- Vintage Digital – 1/4 delay
- Transistor Tape delay – Dotted 8th delay
- Plate Verb
- Dual Delay (1/8 + Dotted 8th)
- Glitz Verb – bigger modulated verb
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
AMP GAIN (Button 1):
Button 1 will increase the amount of drive in the amp block, giving you a pure amp overdrive sound. You can adjust the ‘Min’ and ‘Max’ values in the ‘controller assign’ section of HX Edit in the amp block to change where these values are when the button is on and off
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-03-11
- Added: Worship Tutorials IRs
- Added: Amp Gain switch functionality
- Changed: Switched the chorus to the Dimension type
- Changed: Amp/EQ changes (better tone)
- Changed: Consolidated drives section
- Changed: Better stereo imaging for wet effects
Version 1.1: 2019-10-17
- Changed: Amp channel volume (lowered to be in line with all our Helix and HX Stomp patches)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-08-12