The demo above shows the Helix version of this patch, but the sounds in the HX Stomp version are exactly the same.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes premium IR cabs from. We matched these specific IR’s to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Match G12H30 121 (this goes in the IR block in the top row)
- WT 60s AC Silver 160 (this goes in the IR block in the bottom row)
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
We’ve included multiple patches with this download to allow you to pick and choose which effects you’d like in your HX Stomp. In the ‘Patchs’ folder, you’ll see then following patches:
- Divi13 WT SC – This patch uses the IR cabs and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- Divi13 WT HB – This patch uses the IR cabs and is meant for guitars with more traditionally voiced humbuckers
- Divi13 WT – This patch uses stock cabs and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers. The IR version sounds better
- Divi13 WT FX – this patch includes the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
The main patches include the core tone components from the main Helix patch – typically this is a compressor, amp block(s), cab block(s), and an EQ block, plus a few extra effects as room allows. The ‘FX’ patches allow you to copy and paste effects and their settings from our main Helix patch in to suit your needs. Feel free to mix and match to create the patch that works best for you.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Divi13 WT SC and HB patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Rochester Comp
- Bubble Vibrato
- Amp – Dividied Duo – Gain mapped to button 1 (see below for details)
- IRs/Stock cab
- Cali Q Graphic– Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Adriatic Delay – Dual delay 1/4 + Dotted 8th – dotted 8th delay – settings mapped to button 2
- Double Tank Verb – Ambient reverb – settings mapped Button 2
- Output (Main L/R)
Divi13 WT FX patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Kinky Boost
- Heir Apparent
- Reverse Delay
- Transistor Tape Delay – dotted 8th Delay
- Lo Res Delay (1/4 note)
- Plate Verb
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
BUTTON 1 – Amp Gain: This switch controls two parameters in the amp block – Drive, Channel Volume. It turns the drive on the amp up, giving you pure amp overdrive.
BUTTON 2 – More Delay/Verb: Button 2 will increase the amount of reverb and delay. It will go from subtle to ambient.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-12-23
- Added WT IR’s
- Tweaked amp/EQ settings (better tone)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2020-06-02
There are no reviews yet.