NOTE: This demo features our Helix version of this patch, but the HX Stomp version contains the same tones. Scroll down to see exactly what you get.
Includes presets based on the PRS Archon and Line 6 Litigator (Dumble) amps in both single and dual amp configurations.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs – one from our Match G12H30 pack and one from our G12H GB pack. We matched these specific IRs to these amps, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the IR included:
- WT Match G12H30 121 (top row in all ‘IR’ patches)
- WT G12H GB SR25 (bottom row in all ‘IR’ patches))
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an available slot. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
DUAL AMP PATCHES:
Archigator WTIR: Dual amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Archigator WT HB: Dual amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Archigator WT: Dual amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
SINGLE AMP PATCHES:
Archetype WT IR: Archon amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Archetype WT HB: Archon amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Archetype WT: Archon amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Litigator WT IR: Litigator amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Litigator WT HB: Litigator amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Litigator WT: Litigator amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
EFFECTS ONLY PATCH:
Archigator WT FX: This includes all the additional effects from the full Helix patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
The effects layout and snapshots are similar between all the patches – although settings have been tweaked to sound best with each setup. Feel free to experiment. We don’t think one sounds necessarily better than the other – just different.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
‘Archigator WT, Litigator WT, and Archetype WT’ patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amp(s) – Archon and Litigator amps (both in a dual amp configuration and individual amp configurations) – ‘Drive’ parameters mapped to button 1
- Cabs/IR s– see above for IR info
- Transistor Tape – Quarter note delay – mapped to button 2 (see below more more info)
- Glitz Verb – controlled by button 2 (see more info below)
- Output (Main L/R)
- Input (Main L/R)
- Teemah – Timmy OD
- 808 – Tube Screamer OD
- Minotaur – Klon OD
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay
- Transistor Tape – Dual Delay (1/8 + 1/8d)
- Hall Verb
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb used for swells
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch, plus delay and reverb options.
BUTTON 1 – Amp Gain: The ‘Drive’ parameter of the amp(s) has been mapped to button two. When you engage the button, you get pure amp overdrive.
BUTTON 2 – Reverb/Delay (more) – Button 2 will increase the amount of reverb and delay, going from subtle to ambient.
MAKING CHANGES FOR YOUR RIG
GUITARS (and making changes for YOUR guitar):
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal. If the amp tone is too dark or bright, simply increase/decrease the level of treble and/or presence on the amp to taste.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 3.0: 2021-03-05
- Added: Worship Tutorials IR cabs
- The amps are now in stereo as well as all the wet effects
- Subtle amp/EQ tweaks (Better tone)
- Amp gain switch functionality added
Version 2.1: Released 2019-10-17
- Added: Additional patches (FX 1 and FX 2) that include all the additional effects block from the full Helix patch.
- Changed: Amp channel volume level to be in line with the Helix versio of this patch.
Version 2.0: 2019-06-24
- Added: Tone Junkie Premium IR (included for free)
- Changed: Amp settings (better tone)
Version 1.0 (Initial Release): 2018-11-01