1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit. You will need at least firmware 3.0.
2. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR cab files from our PrinceVerb P10R IR pack. These IR’s are from a Fender ’64 Princeton Handwired RI amp with a Jensen P10R speaker.
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT PrinceVerb P10R 160 (top row)
- WT PrinceVerb P10R SR25 (bottom row)
- As of firmware 2.90, Helix will automatically detect the IR’s regardless of what slot they are placed in the ‘Impulses’ column. You do have to make sure they are named correctly, though. If you change the names, you’ll have to re-set the IR blocks to the correct IR’s.
- PrinceVerb WT IR: This is the main patch with the IR voiced for guitars with single coil pickups or low output humbuckers.
- PrinceVerb WT HB: This is the same as the first patch but set up for traditional or higher output humbuckers.
- PrinceVerb WT: This is the same as single coil version of the patch but with stock Helix cabs.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Dual Pitch – used in snapshots
- Minotaur – Klon type OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Klon’
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – not mapped to a switch (You can swap this out for one of the other drives if you’d like)
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer – mapped to a switch labeled ‘808’
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Amp: US Princess
- Cabs/IR – see above for IR info
- Cali Q Graphic – always on EQ
- Chorus – mapped to switch labeled ‘Chorus’
- Tremolo – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Tremolo’
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 Delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Tape’
- Adriatic Delay – Dotted 8th delay – mapped to a switch labeled ‘.8th Adri’
- Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/8) – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dual ST DLY’
- 63 Spring – spring reverb – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Spring Verb’
- Glitz Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Glitz Verb’
This patch is meant to be used in either stompbox or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
AMP GAIN SWITCH:
We have mapped the ‘Drive’ parameter on the amps to the switch labeled ‘Amp Gain’. This gives you a pure amp overdrive which we think sounds better than using a drive pedal.
These patches feature dual amps in a stereo configuration. All the delays, reverbs, modulation are in stereo to retain the stereo imaging. If you can run your Helix in stereo live, it is definitely worth doing. If you use just the Left output of the Helix, the signal will automatically be summed to mono.
Feel free to stack drive pedals for bigger sounds. We also like pairing the drive pedals with the ‘Amp Gain’ switch.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds (all patches feature the same snapshots).
- Snapshot 1: CLEAN. This is the base clean tone with delay and reverb.
- Snapshot 2: DRIVE. Light overdrive.
- Snapshot 3: DRIVE+: Bigger overdrive (uses the amp gain switch)
- Snapshot 4: P&W LEAD. Big drive and delay/verb (uses the amp gain switch)
- Snapshot 5: CLEAN AMBI: Ambient clean – big delay and reverb
- Snapshot 6: CLEAN TREM: Clean tone with tremolo
- Snapshot 7: POG LEAD: Same as the P&W Lead but with POG
- Snapshot 8: SWELLS: Huge ambient swells
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-03-05
- Added: WT IR cabs (Jensen P10R IR’s from a ’64 Princeton Handwired RI)
- Changed; Amp/EQ changes – better tone. Sounds JUST like our real Princeton!
Initial Release (1.0): 2020-11-19
There are no reviews yet.