1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
2. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IR Cabs. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs.
Here are the IRs included:
- WT Match G12H30 160 (top row)
- WT Blue AC 2×12 SR25 (bottom row)
HX Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
3. STEREO PEDAL BOARD READY: This patch works particularly well with a stereo board. The signal routing into the amps is already configured in stereo. NOTE: If you use a stereo board with this patch, remove the Compressor block, as that will sum your signal to mono before it reaches the amp blocks. You can leave the Plate Reverb in the patch – that is a stereo block.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes the following patches:
- ST MATCH30 WT SC – This patch uses the IR cabs and is meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- ST MATCH30 WT HB – This patch uses the IR cabs and is meant for guitars with more traditionally voiced humbuckers
- ST MATCH30 WT FX 1 and 2 – these patches include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp (REMOVE THIS IF YOU’RE RUNNING A STEREO BOARD INTO THIS PATCH)
- Plate Reverb – mapped to FS2
- Amps – Matchstick Ch1 (Two blocks in stereo)
- Cabs/IR – see above for IR info
- Cali Q Graphic
- Output (Main L/R)
FX patch 1:
- Dual Pitch
- Heir Apparent – KOT
- Scream 808
- Compulsive Drive – OCD
- Transistor Tape – 8th note delay
- Transistor Tape – Dotted 8th delay
- Dual Delay – Dual Delay (1/8d + 1/4)
FX patch 2:
- Dynamic Hall – ambient reverb
- Gain Block – used for a volume boost
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch, plus delay and reverb options.
We included the compressor because it is important in the way it pushes the amp(s) and it integral to the core amp tone. You may, however, want to disable the compressor and/or replace it with a different effect, especially if you already have a comp in your rig that you are integrating HX Stomp into. If you’re running drives into the HX Stomp, the compressor may give you less dynamics that you would like. In this case, you can either turn down the level of compression, or just remove it.
If you want to retain a stereo image throughout the patch, remove the compressor block.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2022-04-22
There are no reviews yet.