NOTE: This video demonstrates the Helix version of this patch, but the POD Go version contains many of the same elements. Scroll down to see what all is included.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your POD Go and POD Go Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your POD Go is up to date, the app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your POD Go or POD Go Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR Cab from our AC Blue IR pack. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the IR included:
- WT Blue AC 2×12 SR25+160
To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
- SWELLS WT IR: This is the main patch using the IR cab.
- SWELLS WT: This is the same as the ‘IR’ version, but it uses a stock POD Go cab rather than the IR block.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your POD Go to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘POD Go Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘POD Go Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above).
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Wah – feel free to engage this to filter your swells – it’s a cool effect to use with ambient tones
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amp – AC30 Fawn Nrm
- Cali Q Basic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Multitap 4 Delay – Mapped to foot switch C – this is the main delay that makes it go
- Glitz Verb – parameters mapped to foot switch A
- Octo Verb – mapped to foot switch B – adds shimmer (off by default)
This patch is meant to be used for swells or massive ambient tones. If you’re looking for something more versatile, our Free AC30 POD Go patch features the same core tone with different drive, delay, and reverb options. This patch does not include snapshots.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2020-04-15
Marvin Calica (verified owner) –
Great ambient swells. This Patch is an instant Worship sound! Love it so much! Thanks WT guys!