1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs from our MATCH G12H30 pack. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT Match G12H30 160 (top row)
- WT Match Blue AC 2×12 121 (bottom row)
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
This download includes the following patches:
- Tremble WT IR: This is the main patch set up for guitars with single coil pickups or low output humbuckers.
- Tremble WT HB: This is the same as the first patch but set up for traditional or higher output humbuckers.
- Tremble WT: This is the same as the first patch but using stock cabs (again – try the IR’s).
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an available slot. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: SWELLS. Used for the intro, verse 1 and chorus 1.
- SNAPSHOT 2: AMBI CLN. Basic ambient clean tone – useful for verse 2.
- SNAPSHOT 3: CHORUS. Chorus riff setting. There’s some drive here so you can use this for rhythm.
- SNAPSHOT 4: BRIDGE. Basic rhythm tone for the bridge – bigger than the chorus snap.
- SNAPSHOT 5: CHORUS+: Bigger chorus setting – Almost like a lead tone.
- SNAPSHOT 6: INST RIFF. Lots of chorus (via the CE-1 model) for the keys riff part.
- SNAPSHOT 7: Not used.
- SNAPSHOT 8: Not used.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – mapped to switch labeled ‘KOT-Yellow’
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Red side) – mapped to switch labeled ‘KOT-Red’
- Dhyna Drive – Hermida Zen Drive
- Volume – mapped to EXP 2
- Amp – Matchstick Jump
- Cabs/IR’s – see above for IR info
- 70’s Chorus – mapped to switch labeled ’70’s Chorus’
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Adriatic Delay – 1/8d note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Soft Delay’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Dotted 8th delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘.8th Tape’
- ’63 Spring verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb – mapped to switch labeled “Spring Verb’
- Stereo Delay – 1/48 and dotted 8th delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dual ST DLY’
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Long Verb”
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘SWELLS’
This patch is meant to be used in snapshot mode, but can be used in stomp box mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
AMP GAIN SWITCH:
We have mapped the ‘Ch 1 Drive’, ‘Ch 2 Drive’, and ‘Bass’ parameters on the amp to the switch labeled ‘Amp Gain’. This gives you a pure amp overdrive which we think sounds better than using a drive pedal.
Everything after the amp block runs in stereo. If you are able to run stereo, the wet effects will sound bigger and better. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically. NOTE: Do not use just the Right output of the helix – some of the delays will not be audible if you do this.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-03-04
- Added: WT IR cabs
- Added: Amp gain switch functionality
- Changed: Amp/eq settings (better tone)
Version 2.0: 2019-09-04
- Changed: Amp block to Matchless Jumped model
- Changed: Drives (copied drives from our Match JMP patch)
- Changed: Delays (copied from our Match JMP patch)
- Changed: Reverbs (copied from ‘Brian’s Patch’ and the Match JMP patch)
- Changed: End of chain EQ (copied from the Match JMP patch)
- Added: Tone Junkie IR Cabs (free)
Version 1.0: 2018-10-18