Tutorial Video Table of Contents:
- 00:14 – Drop D Tuning
- 00:41 – How to determine what key to play in
- 01:25 – Chords used int he song
- 03:42 – Strumming patterns
- 04:26 – Intro/Verse 1
- 06:30 – Chorus
- 08:53 – Verse 2
- 09:16 – Instrumental and Bridge
- 13:03 – Chorus tags
- 3:42 – Thoughts on arrangement and conclusion
RATTLE! is a huge single from the Graves Into Gardens release by Elevation Worship. It starts slow, but gets pretty big pretty fast. It’s a ton of fun to sing, but can be pretty difficult due to the large vocal range. The original is in Eb, but we’ve lowered it to C# (two steps down) to make it easier. We also show you how to play this one with drop-D tuning on acoustic.
Play it yourself
In our cover video we played in C# using Drop-D tuning. To do this you can tune your guitar down 1/2 step and play in drop-C#. In the tutorial video we show you how to play in this tuning, but we’ve provided chord diagrams in standard tuning as well for you.
To play along with the album, you can use key of D chords (either standard tuning or drop-D) with a capo on the 1st fret.
Drop-D tuning chord diagrams:
Please note: these chord diagrams only work in drop-D tuning. For standard tuning, see the next chord set.
Standard tuning chords (key of D)
The Gear We Use
- Brian’s acoustic: McPherson Camrielle
- Brian’s acoustic mic: Earthworks SR25
- Brian’s vocal mic: Earthworks SR314
- Brian’s bass guitar: Sterling StingRay Sub4
- Brian’s bass rig: Ampeg SVT plugin by UAD
- Brad’s black guitar: Custom part-caster Baritone Guitar
- Brad’s red guitar: Elliott Tonemaster (stock)
- Brad’s rig: Board into Kemper
- Fuller’s keyboard: Arturia Keylab 88
- Fuller’s vocal mic: Shure SM7b
- Drums: EZ Drummer by Toontrack Audio
- Audio/recording: Apple Logic Pro X
- Video: DaVinci Resolve