In this series of videos, Brian and Bradford take an in-depth look at the new line of effects pedals from Universal Audio – the UAFX pedals. These are some of – if not the – best sounding digital effects pedals we’ve ever heard. They have some quirks for sure (the lack of midi and the switching on the Starlight), but overall they are truly top shelf.
There are three pedals in the UAFX line-up: The Golden Reverberator (reverb), the Starlight Echo Station (delay), and the Astra Modulation Machine (modulation). Each pedal contains multiple different algorithms within that effect type, and you can save a preset sound for each pedal and access it with the 2nd button.
Learn more and purchase
All the gear we used in these videos
- Tyler HM30 (w/ UA Ox)
- Matchless Chieftain (w/ Two Notes Captor X 8 ohm)
- Shelton Electric Instruments GalaxyFlite (blue) // Pickups: Porter Wide Range HB’s and Porter Jag (middle)
- 1979 Tokai LS-80 Les Paul reborn // Pickups: Doyle Coils Tru-Clone PAFs
- Gretsch Sparkle Jet (gold) // Pickups: Gretsch FilterTrons (stock)
- Shelton GalaxyFlite (red) // Pickups: Lambertones Ristrettos
- UAFX Golden
- UAFX Starlight
- UAFX Astra
- JHS Cheese Ball Fuzz
- Way Huge Green Rhino