This download includes patches for Axe-FX III, FM3, and FM9. Please make sure to import the appropriate patch for your hardware – they are not interchangeable.
The pack includes 2 presets (each with SC and HB options). One set of presets was made with the original Jensen speaker (denoted ‘J’), and the other with a Celestion Alnico Gold speaker (denoted ‘G’). See the amp section below for more details on the differences between them.
- 64 PRINCE J/G TM WT SC – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with single coils.
- 64 PRINCE J/G TM WT HB – This patch uses the IR’s and is meant for guitars with humbuckers.
- NOTE: The FM3 folder includes an ‘FX” patch. This patch includes the additional effects blocks from the full Axe-FX and FM9 patches. Feel free to substitute any of these effects blocks into the main patch to suite your needs.
- NOTE: FM3 does not include the ‘JMP’ presets because it requires two amp blocks in stereo.
OUR FENDER ’64 PRINCETON REVERB HAND-WIRED RE-ISSUE, NOW IN YOUR FRACTAL HARDWARE
For these presets we tone-matched the stock Fractal amp models to our Fender ’64 Princeton Hand-wired Re-Issue amplifier. The result is a set of Tone Match user cabs that completely transform the Fractal amp models, making the Fractal hardware sound exactly like our amp, and the microphones, preamps, and EQ chains that we use to record it.
The ’64 Hand-wired Princeton Reverb Re-issue is a completely faithful reproduction of a vintage 1964 Princeton Reverb. Fender spared no expenses and cut no corners making these, using premium components and built quality from start to finish. It sounds like the real deal.
We’ve included two separate preset options for you. The ‘J’ presets use the stock Jensen speaker, which is faithful to what Fender would have used in the ’60’s. These are the speakers most people upgrade to when they swap out a speaker on their run of the mill Princetons.
We’ve also included a set of presets using a Celestion Alnico Gold speaker in the amp, which warms the amp up, giving it a smoother top end, creamier overdrive break-up, and more chime. We love them both and honestly we couldn’t decide which one to go with, so we just decided to include them both in this preset.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Pitch (POG)
- Drives: KOT (red and yellow sides), 808, fuzz, and more
- Volume *needs to be mapped to an expression pedal
- Delays: 1/8 delay, Dotted 8th delay, Dual stereo delay
- Reverbs: Subtle and Huge
- IR (Tone Match)
- Solo Boost
The FM3 presets cannot fit all the effects into a single patch. For that platform, we include the amp and essential effects in the main presets, and then we include the additional effects blocks in the ‘FX’ preset. Feel free to mix and match the additional ‘FX’ blocks into the main patches to suite your needs.
For each effect block, we set up all four channels to give you as many options as possible for each individual effect types. For example, in the Compressor block, there are four different types of compression. For drives, we use all available channels in each drive block to get different overdrive flavors. Please experiment with the channels in all the different blocks to find your favorites. Typically we use our favorites in Channel A.
The exceptions to this are usually the amp and cab blocks – for those we usually only set up Channel A.
The following scenes are set up for instant access to various tones:
- SCENE 1: CLEAN. Base clean tone
- SCENE 2: DRIVE. Stage 1 drive tone
- SCENE 3: DRIVE+. Big rhythm tone
- SCENE 4: P&W LEAD. Lead tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 5: AMBI CLEAN. Clean tone with lots of delay and verb
- SCENE 6: CLEAN CHORUS. Clean tone with chorus
- SCENE 7: CLEAN TREM. Clean tone with tremolo
- SCENE 8: SWELLS. Big ambient swells tone
Version 1.0 – 2022-08-05
There are no reviews yet.