This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements for swells but lacks a lot of the extra reverbs and effects found in the Helix patch. Scroll down to see what is included.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit. You will need at least version 2.82.
2. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR Cab. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the specific IR included:
- WT Blue AC 2×12 160 // To purchase more IR packs, visit the the Worship Tutorials IR Cab page.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH
- Connect your HX Effects to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2 (turned off by default – connect an expression pedal to EXP 2 to use this)
- Vintage Swell – mapped to FS 1
- Amp – AC30 Fawn Nrm
- Cosmos Echo – huge ambient delay
- Glitz Reverb – Mapped to FS 2
- Searchlights Reverb
DO NOT STRUM BIG CHORDS WITH THE VOLUME UP 🙂
As its name implies, this patch is meant to be used for volume swells. If you strum a big chord with the volume up, it will sound like a hot mess. Use the volume pedal to swell in.
AUTOSWELL (Vintage Swell) Block:
This effect lets you essentially play swells without using the volume pedal. How hard you strike the strings will affect how well the autos well effect works.
We recommend adjusting the ‘Threshold’ parameter to suite the effect to your playing style. The harder you strike the strings, the higher the threshold needs to be (note: with a higher threshold, playing softly won’t come through at all – you’ll have to find a balance).
The easiest way to use this patch is with a volume pedal in front of the HX Stomp (it can be anywhere in the chain as long as it’s in front of HX Stomp). You don’t need to assign anything to the expression pedal input if you don’t want to. If you’d like to use the volume block inside this patch, you can connect any expression pedal to EXP 2, which will control the Volume block by default (make sure to turn the volume block on, though).
Initial Release (2.0): 2021-06-11
- Added: Worship Tutorials IR cab
- Changed: Subtle amp/eq changes (better tone)
- Added: ‘HB’ version of the patch
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-11-11