Includes presets based on the PRS Archon and Line 6 Litigator (Dumble) amps in both single and dual amp configurations.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes two premium IR Cabs – one from our Match G12H30 pack and one from our G12H GB pack. We matched these specific IRs to these amps, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IRs – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the IR included:
- WT Match G12H30 121 (top row in all ‘IR’ patches)
- WT G12H GB SR25 (bottom row in all ‘IR’ patches))
With Firmware 2.90, Helix should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
DUAL AMP PATCHES:
Archigator WTIR: Dual amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Archigator WT HB: Dual amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Archigator WT: Dual amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
SINGLE AMP PATCHES:
Archetype WT IR: Archon amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Archetype WT HB: Archon amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Archetype WT: Archon amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Litigator WT IR: Litigator amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
Litigator WT HB: Litigator amp patch using the IR cabs designed for guitars with humbuckers.
Litigator WT: Litigator amp patch using stock cabs designed for guitars with single coils.
The effects layout and snapshots are similar between all the patches – although settings have been tweaked to sound best with each setup. Feel free to experiment. We don’t think one sounds necessarily better than the other – just different.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into an available slot. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects (same for all patches unless otherwise noted):
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Tremolo – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Tremolo’
- Teemah – not mapped to a switch (feel free to swap this out with the Klon for a lower gain drive sound if you prefer it)
- Scream 808 mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Minotaur – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Klon’
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Dual 1/8 + 1/8d delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘DUAL DLY’
- Hall Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Hall Verb’
- Glitz Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Cloud Verb’
- Glitz Verb – bigger ambient verb – mapped to button labeled ‘Swells Verb’
- Looper – mapped to a switch labeled ‘Looper’
This patch is meant to be used in either stompbox or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode).
AMP GAIN SWITCH:
We have mapped the Drive parameters on the amp(s) to the switch labeled ‘Amp Gain’. This gives you a pure amp overdrive which we think sounds better than using a drive pedal.
The amps and everything after them are in stereo. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds (all patches feature the same snapshots).
- Snapshot 1: Clean. This is the base clean tone with delay.
- Snapshot 2: Drive – Stage 1 OD
- Snapshot 3: Drive + – Stage 2 OD
- Snapshot 4: P&W Lead– Biggest drive setting with delay and verb
- Snapshot 5: Clean Ambi – clean tone with lots of verb
- Snapshot 6:Clean Trem – clean tone with tremolo
- Snapshot 7: Rock Lead – More traditional solo tone (less wet effects)
- Snapshot 8: Big Swells – Huge ambient swells tone
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 3.0: 2021-03-05
- Added: Worship Tutorials IR cabs
- The amps are now in stereo as well as all the wet effects
- Subtle amp/EQ tweaks (Better tone)
- Amp gain switch functionality added
Version 2.0: 2019-05-08
- Added: Tone Junkie premium IR
Initial Release (1.0): 2018-10-08