This demo is for version 1.0. The updated version offers better tone and more flexibility.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes premium IR cabs from. We matched these specific IR’s to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR’s included:
- WT 60s AC Silver 121+SR25 (this goes in the IR block in the top row)
- WT Match LC G12H 121+SR25 (this goes in the IR block in the bottom row)
- BrtshDual WT SC: This is the main stereo patch with IR cabs. It’s set up for guitars with single coil pickups or low output humbuckers.
- BrtshDual WT HB: This is the same as the first patch but set up for traditional or higher output humbuckers.
- BrtshDual WT: This is the same as the single coil patch but with stock cabs.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the an open slot.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Tremolo – not mapped to a switch (used in snapshots)
- Teemah – Timmy OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Timmy’
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Amps – Matchstick CH1 & Essex A30
- Cali Q Graphic EQ – Always on EQ
- Chorus – mapped to a button labeled ‘Chorus’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Dual Delay – 1/8+1/8d Dual Delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘DUAL ST DLY’
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb – mapped to switch labeled “Short Verb’
- Dynamic Hall – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Dyn Hall Cloud”
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
This patch is meant to be used in either stompbox or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode). The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
AMP GAIN SWITCH:
We have mapped the Drive parameters on the amps to the switch labeled ‘Amp Gain’. This gives you a pure amp overdrive which we think sounds better than using a drive pedal.
The amps and everything after them run in stereo. If you are able to run stereo, the wet effects will sound bigger and better. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically. NOTE: Do not use just the Right output of the helix – some of the delays will not be audible if you do this.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds (all patches feature the same snapshots).
- Snapshot 1: CLEAN. This is the base clean tone with delay.
- Snapshot 2: DRIVE. Light overdrive.
- Snapshot 3: DRIVE+: Bigger overdrive.
- Snapshot 4: LEAD: Big drive with dotted 8th delay.
- Snapshot 5: CLEAN AMBI – Clean tone with big reverb.
- Snapshot 6: CLEAN TREM – Tremolo and big verb.
- Snapshot 7: P&W LEAD – big drive, delay, and verb.
- Snapshot 8: BIG SWELLS – this uses the ‘Swells’ stomp button plus more verb and delay.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 3.0: 2021-12-30
- Added WT IR’s
- Tweaked amp/EQ settings (better tone)
Version 2.0: 2019-05-31
- Added: Tone Junkie IR (way better tone – IR is included)
- Changed: Amp settings
- Changed: EQ settings
Version 1.1: 2019-02-01
- Added: Stereo effects after the amps – the patch now will run in stereo (reverbs and delays)
- Added: End of chain EQ – improved tone and flexibility to adjust for different guitars (end of chain compressor removed)
- Added: Suggested settings for guitars with humbuckers
- Changed: Overdrive pedal options (improved drive tones)
- Changed: Amp settings (improved tone)
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2018-09-01
Paul (verified owner) –
GUYS! FREAKING AWESOME PATCH!!!
Rey (verified owner) –
Very good patch! Sound is good but IR’s are not my favorites. I personally use 3Sigma’s IR’s but it works well either way. Thank you WT for all the work you do! God bless!