IMPORTANT: Because this patch uses effects models that were not included with the initial release of the HX Effects and Helix, it is very important that you upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the Helix software from Line 6 to the latest version (2.5 as of the release of this patch) before installing this patch. Otherwise you will have missing effects. You will also need the latest Helix editor (as of the release of this patch, it’s called ‘HX Edit’) to transfer this patch to your HX Effects and Helix.
How to transfer the patch to your HX Effects or Helix
HX Effects users – use the file labeled ‘HX Effects’
Helix users – use the files labeled ‘Helix’
- Connect your HX Effects or Helix to your computer via USB
- Open HX Edit (version 2.51 or higher)
- Drag and drop the patch into a slot in the edtior
Signal flow and Effects
- Adriatic Delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Analog’
- Transistor Tape – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Tape’
- Cosmos Echo – mapped to switch labeled ‘Space Echo (tap)’
- Vintage Digital – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d Digi’
- Transistor Tape – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d Tape’
- Elephant Man – mapped to switch labeled ‘Deluxe MM (tap)’
All the delays in this patch are controlled with the tap tempo, and they’re dialed in to sound great in a modern praise and worship context
You can stack the delays to get rhythmic or washy type sounds. The 1/8d Tape delay is running in paralled to the rest of the delays, so it will have more of a rhythmic feel when combined with anything else.
The Deluxe MM and Cosmos echo are the most ambient/modulated of the delays.
Why did we make a patch of just delays?
This patch is part of our ‘Building Blocks’ series – a collection of patches you can use to create a database of effects sounds. The idea is you can have a collection of drives that are specifically dialed in for praise and worship music that you can pick from to build your own patches. You can leave this patch in your HX Effects or Helix, and then copy/paste effects blocks from it into your own patches to create exactly what you want.
There are no reviews yet.