This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. IR CABS INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR Cab from our Ty 10-12 IR pack. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the IR included:
- WT Ty Combo SR25+121
With Firmware 2.90, Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase additional IR packs, visit Worship Tutorials.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above).
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes four patches.
- The ‘Cartographer WT IR’ patch is the main patch with IR cabs
- The ‘Cartographer WT’ patch is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version)
- The ‘Cartographer WT FX patch includes the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suit your setup.
Cartographer WT IR & Cartographer WT patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Heir Apparent OD
- Amp – Cartographer
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch 2
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch 2
Cartographer WT FX patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Tremolo (variable speed – A Bradford Mitchell classic) – mapped to the expression pedal. The pedal position changes the speed of the trem. Toe down is the slowest speed, and toe up make it faster. You can ramp the tremolo speed this way. NOTE – you’ll need to connect an expression pedal to the Stomp.
- Scream 808 -Tube Screamer OD
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Transistor Tape – Dual Delay (1/8th and Dotted 8th)
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb for swells
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
WET EFFECTS (Button 2):
Button 2 is mapped to turn up both the mix and decay of the Glitz verb and the tape delay. It’ll go from normal to ambient.
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on the amp. This essentially gives you an overdrive (although amp drive typically sounds better than an overdrive pedal).
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.0: 2021-02-18
- This is a major update and includes:
- New IR Cabs (from the Ty 10-12 pack)
- Changed: Amp settings (better tone)
- Changed: EQ (better tone)
- Changed: Drive section (better drive tones)
- Changed: Delays – all delays are now stereo
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-10-17