In this demo Brad is playing a Suhr Classic S. Please note: This demo was made with version 1.0 of this patch. Scroll down to see the improvements we’ve made.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit. You will need at least firmware 2.8.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR from Tone Junkie. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the specific IR included, and its location in our Helix:
- TJ 23 MATCH 25 R121+7B (bottom row). In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 23 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Vetta Wah – mapped to EXP 1 (EXP Toe tunes it on/off)
- Hier Apparent – mapped to button labeled ‘KOT-YELLOW’
- Minotaur – mapped to switch labeled ‘Klon’
- 808 – mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Super OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘SD-1’
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Amp: Brit Plexi Brt
- Cab/IR – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions – see above for IR info
- Analog w/Mod Delay – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Dual Delay – 1/8d and 1/4 delays in stereo – mapped to switch labeled ‘Stereo DLY’
- ’63 Spring Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Spring Verb’
- Adriatic Delay – big ambient delay (used for ‘Swells’ snapshot)
- Glitz Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Big Verb’’
- Cali Q Graphic – EQ
- SNAPSHOT 1: CLEAN -KOT – it adds a bit of magic
- SNAPSHOT 2: Beefy CLN – this will drive if you dig in
- SNAPSHOT 3: Blues LEAD – mid-gain lead tone
- SNAPSHOT 4: RHYTHM 1
- SNAPSHOT 5: RHYTHM 2
- SNAPSHOT 6: LEAD
- SNAPSHOT 7: THE EDGE – uses the dual delay for rhythmic delay
- SNAPSHOT 8: SWELLS
This patch is meant to be used in either stompbox or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps (stompbox mode) or all eight snapshots (snapshot mode).
DRIVE TONES – DIRT PEDALS:
Feel free to stack drive pedals for bigger sounds. We like turning on all the gain for solo tones. In our Snapshots, the drive level increases as your work up the snapshots.
The dotted 8th is running in series with the quarter delay, which causes them to sort of smear into each other. Use the ‘Dual Delay’ for rhythmic delay sounds.
MAKING CHANGES FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We used a strat to set up this patch, since the strat is a big part of Lincoln Brewsters sound. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the first compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Strat style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- Drive: Change to 2.3
- Treble: Change to 6.4
- Presence: Change to 4.9
Cali Q Graphic block settings:
- 2200 Hz Slider: change to +2
- 6600 Hz Slider: change to +1.0
Version 2.0: 2019-08-16
- Added: King of Tone drive model (replaced the JTM45 preamp)
- Added: Tone Junkie IR Cab (included for free)
- Changed: Amp settings (better tone)
Version 1.0: 2018-12-15