IMPORTANT: Because this patch uses effects models that were not included with the initial release of the Helix, it is very important that you upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the Helix software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. You will also need the latest version of the HX Edit app to transfer this patch to your Helix.
Firmware 2.6 Reverbs: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
HX Effects patches are not compatible with Helix products (Helix floor, LT, etc)
How to transfer the patch to your HX Effects
- Connect your HX Effects or to your computer via USB
- Open HX Edit (make sure you update to the latest version)
- Drag and drop the patch into a slot in the editor
Signal flow and Effects
- Vintage Digital Delay – Dotted 8thdelay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d Digi DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – ¼ note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Tape DLY’
- Adriatic Delay – ¼ note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 Adri DLY’
- Glitz verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Glitz VRB’
- Ganymede Verb – Ambient reverb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ganymede VRB’
- Hall Verb – basic ‘always on’ verb – not mapped to a switch
- Cosmos Echo – huge delay for swells – mapped to switch labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Searchlights Verb – big ambient verb for swells – mapped to switch labeled ‘SWELLS’
This patch gives you 3 delays, two ambient verbs (with another verb always on), and a swells button.
Delays: The two ¼ note delays are on a separate path from the dotted 8thnote delay. This means they are in parallel, not series. It creates more of a rhythmic delay sound rather than a wash. We also added a 2ndquarter note delay (the Adriatic Delay) to give you a different option as the Adriatic delay has a lot of character. We really love it.
All delays are sync’d to the tap tempo.
Verbs: There are two verbs at your feet – Glitz and Ganymede. These are both bigger modulated/ambient reverbs. The Hall verb acts as an ‘always on’ kind of verb – it’s subtle and gives you a sense of space, or the feeling like your amp is in a room.
Swells: The swells button engages the Cosmos Echo and Searchlights Verb. This engages a huge ambient wash – it’s set up for volume swells and works perfectly in that application.