This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
DUAL AMP HX STOMP PATCH USING THE FENDER DELUXE AND MARSHALL JMT 45 AMP MODELS.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit. You’ll need at least Firmware 2.80 on both the Stomp and HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your HX Stomp, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IRs from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IRs included, and their location in our HX Stomp:
- TJ 27 MATCH 25 7B. In our HX Stomp, it’s in IR slot 27 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column. (the image below shows a patch, but the HX Stomp patch workflow is exactly the same)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes four patches.
- The ‘DLX+JTM45 WT IR’ patch is the main patch with IR cabs
- The ‘DLX+JTM45 WT’ patch is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
- The ‘DLX+JTM45 WT FX 1 and DLX+JTM45 WT FX 2’ patches include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
DLX+JTM45 WT IR & DLX+JTM45 WT WT patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amps – US Deluxe NRM and Brit J45 Brt
- Cab/IR’ – 2×12 Match G25 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch 2
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
DLX+JTM45 FX1 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Heir Apparent – King of Tone OD
- Teemah! – Timmy OD
- Stupor OD – BOSS SD-1 OD
- Mod/Chorus Echo – 1/4 Note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dotted 8th DLY’
DLX+JTM45 FX2 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Dual Delay – 1/8th and dotted 8th delay in stereo
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb
- Multitap 4 Delay – big ambient delay used for swells
- Searchlights Verb – big ambient verb used for swells
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
GLITZ VERB (Button 2):
Button 2 is mapped to turn up both the mix and decay of the Glitz verb. It’ll go from normal to ambient.
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on each amp. This essentially gives you an overdrive (although amp drive typically sounds better than an overdrive pedal). The “Min” settings for each amp are the settings found in the Helix version of this patch.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
US DELUXE AMP SETTINGS:
- Drive: Change to 4.6
- Bass: Change to 3.8
- Treble: Change to 8.5
- Presence: Change to 5.5
J45 AMP SETTINGS
- Drive: Change to 4.5
- Bass: Change to 3.5
- Treble: Change to 8.5
- Presence: Change to 5.8
Cali Q Graphic block settings:
- 2200 Hz Slider: change to +3.0
- 6600 Hz Slider: change to +2.0
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2019-10-17