The demo above shows the Helix version of this patch, but the sounds in the HX Stomp version are exactly the same.
- UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
- IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR’s from Tone Junkie. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IR’s included, and their locations in our Stomp:
- Jen P12Q 121+57 2
- With Firmware 2.90, Stomp should recall the IR based on its name rather than slot number, so it shouldn’t matter which slot you import the IR into. To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes five patches.
- GRAMMA WT IR – this is the main patch with IR cabs meant for guitars with single coils or low output humbuckers
- GRAMMA WT HB – this is the main patch with IR cabs meant for guitars with traditionally voiced humbuckers
- GRAMMA WT – this is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
- GRAMMA WT FX1 and GRAMMA WT FX2 – these patches include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
GRAMMA WT IR and HB patches:
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Yellow side) – mapped to button 1
- Amp – Grammatico Jump
- IRs/Stock cab
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls.
- Glitz Verb – ambient reverb
- Output (Main L/R)
GRAMMA FX 1 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Teemah! – Timmy OD
- Heir Apparent – Prince of Tone (voiced to sound like Bradford’s KOT, Red side)
- Ubiquitous Vibe
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 Note Delay
- Output (Main L/R)
GRAMMA WT FX 2 patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Transistor Tape Delay – dotted 8th Delay
- Dual Delay – 1/8 + Dotted 8th
- Plate Verb
- Glitz Verb – ambient reverb (bigger)
- Output (Main L/R
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
BUTTON 2 – More Verb: Button 2 will increase the amount of reverb. It will go from subtle to ambient.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If your guitar has humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
We’ve included both single coil and humbucker voiced patches to serve as starting points for your guitars. To make adjustments, we recommend starting with these parameters:
- Amp Gain: Adjust the min/max values of the amp gain so that your guitar is slightly breaking up with big chords on the bridge position (without any drive pedals on)
- Amp EQ controls: Adjust these to suite your individual guitars/taste
- Cali Q Graphic EQ block: This is a simple way to adjust the overall tonal characteristics of the patch.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2020-09-07